Most people trudge through their day – the usual 9 – 5 with minimal passion, and minimal excitement. We all know that to live, we have to make money, and so it feels like sometimes, our jobs keep us prisoner. If you’re feeling the workday blues, maybe it’s time to ask yourself some important questions. Many of us have passions and goals that we’d like to accomplish in our lifetime. Whether they involve traveling the world, owning a yacht, helping the needy, or earning a degree, regardless of the goal, you must first ask yourself some questions if you are feeling “stuck.”
1) “Where am I right now?”
Are you where you want to be? Are you living up to your fullest potential? This isn’t a one-time question; you should be asking it of yourself on a continual basis, to make sure that your goals are still in site. So many people become complacent and even comfortable with their current conditions that they lose sight of what they believe will really make them happy – or a pre-determined goal. Don’t let this happen to you. Be honest with yourself about where you are falling short.
2) “Where is it that I want to be?”
This is where your goals come into play. And, this question can have many different answers based on whether you are talking about your personal life, your professional life, your academic life, etc. Are you as healthy as you’d like to be? Ask yourself these questions which will lead you right into question number three.
3) “What do I have to do to get there?
This is the action question. It requires a great deal of work, passion, and even possible, hardship. But goals are goals for a reason, they’re not meant to come easy. Whether it is changing careers, going back to school, starting a family, etc., figuring out what your life goals are, and then how you will accomplish them just might be the most important thing you do today – and into the future.
If you are an entrepreneur who wants to sell your business, contact business broker, WebsiteClosers.com today. They have 20 years of experience in placing internet businesses for sale, and know how to obtain the highest possible profit for their client. Call them today at 1-800-251-1559 for more information.
Productivity isn’t something we are born with – it isn’t necessarily genetic, and sometimes, it’s not even something we can learn. Being productive, for most of us is an uphill battle every single day, and it’s one that can, in fact, get easier if we put a little brain power behind it. The key though (like with everything) is to be consistent. You aren’t going to turn from a somewhat sluggish, semi-productive individual to an outstandingly productive person overnight. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither will be your productive mind. The problem with being productive is that we tend to tell ourselves that we can be more productive than is actually true. Our morning brain screams at us to be productive, and at the end of the day, if we haven’t accomplished that, we feel stressed and actually become less productive on day two. Remember these tips:
1) You have two brains. No, you’re not living in a Steve Martin movie! Your brain plays tricks on you every day. It takes into account your past and your beliefs, and tells you things that aren’t necessarily true. The trick to being productive is to stop listening to the part of your brain that is trying to tricking you into believing you can accomplish more than is humanly possible. Pick three things you truly know you can accomplish that day and be happy with it. Otherwise, if you fail at accomplishing everything you thought you could, you run the risk of feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and grossly unproductive.
2) Say no once in a while. We are all; most of us anyway, people pleasers. We hesitate saying no to colleagues and associates because we fear that we will either disappoint them or look incompetent. If you truly know that you cannot bring one more thing onto your plate, learn to say no. It will actually make you more productive and less stressed.
3) Schedule time for distractions. Life is filled with them! Instead of rigidly scheduling your day with work, carve out room for various medical appointments, possible emergencies with parents or children, and even unexpected meetings. When you feel less stressed, you will be more productive.
Are you selling a website? Are you looking for a business broker that will help you sell your website business? WebsiteClosers.com has been in the industry of selling websites for the past 20 years. During that time, they have amassed a loyal client following, and provide their clients with exceptional customer service and maximum profit at the closing table. Call them today at 1-800-251-1559 to schedule your free 24 hour consultation.
The commute, the long hours, feeling underappreciated and underpaid, all take their toll on the average American employee. You’re at your workplace for over 40 hours a week, which is a huge hunk of time, so why not take the steps to turn your attitude around?
First, Why Are People So Unhappy at Their Job?
The main reasons why people tend to be unhappy with their job is because they feel a lack of opportunity in moving forward and advancing their status and career, they also feel that the employer bogs them down with inflexible, long working hours that they cannot escape, and they feel that they are grossly underpaid. Commute time, on average, is 60-90 minutes in the United States, which lends to anxiety, depression, and feeling unfulfilled.
So, How Can you Choose to Be Happier at Work?
1) Ask for a raise! If you truly deserve a raise, figure out before asking for one, what your worth is in the industry, and what you have accomplished for the company over the past six months.
2) Increase productivity! Feeling overwhelmed is a big reason why people feel unhappy in their job. Figure out how you can cut down on the amount of time it takes to do certain tasks, so you have more breathing room.
3) Figure out precise workplace expectations. Do you have a written list of your job role responsibilities? If not, ask for one. You might find you are doing more than what your job requires (if this is so, that will lend nicely toward your pitch for a pay raise), and it will also give you a great starting point to talk with your boss about how you can move forward within the company.
4) Use your commute time wisely. An hour to an hour and a half is a long time. Don’t waste it! Use the ride in to work to gather your thoughts about the upcoming day, and manage your priorities. If there’s extra time, use it to connect with family and friends. On the way back, unwind from work, and reflect on good things that happened over the course of the day.
Business broker, WebsiteClosers.com, has been in the industry of buying and selling websites for the past 20 years. If you are looking for a web site broker to buy an online business either as a start-up or to get out of the rigorous 9-5, call them today at 1-800-251-1559 to set up a free consultation. They are a trusted website broker in SF and the rest of country, and they would be happy to hear from you.
Being successful in business doesn’t just mean working hard and being innovative, it’s also about successfully and personably interacting with the people who are working right along beside you. Lousy leadership means lower profits because employees are not inspired, and are often easily swayed to the competition. When you show great leadership skills, you have the attention and the adoration of your employees, as well as the envy of your competitors.
1) Don’t ever doubt yourself. Being an entrepreneur is not for the meek, in fact, it’s something like being the proverbial lion in the jungle. Don’t ever give up on your idea, or yourself, and your employees and friends will always look at you as a positive leader.
2) Find the best people you can find. When it comes to fulfilling your own dream, you need to put the best players in place and work hard to keep their loyalty.
3) Be okay with failure. Although it might seem like your enemy, failure can be your friend in that has invaluable lessons for you to learn for future success.
4) Don’t bite off… yes, more than you can chew. Although you’d like to rule the world, start with a small niche where you can be a big fish in a little pond.
5) Let go of those who bring you down. There are bound to be people along the way that don’t hold up to your vision of excellence. Cut them loose before they drag you, and your vision down.
6) Stay humble. Again, ruling the world (so to speak) can turn a reasonable entrepreneur into a greedy one. Don’t let this happen to you. Be mindful of how you share in the profits.
7) Stay positive. The entrepreneurial path is loaded with bumps, cracks, and other obstacles. Knowing this, and circumventing, hurdling, or crafting your own way around them will keep the end game in sight.
Business broker, WebsiteClosers.com, has been in the industry of buying and selling websites for 20 years. For entrepreneurs who wonder, “How can I sell my website business?” they encourage you to call them at 1-800-251-1559 today. As experienced and highly-professional web site business brokers, they will sit down with you and discuss your options over a free consultation.
Everyone has heard that when you think positively, good things follow. Being optimistic is supposed to get us through the day, confident that “things will work out in the long run.” And there is a truth behind it all in some ways – positivity does lower blood pressure and it enhances mood. But, will it propel you to success? Likely not and here’s why.
Having blind faith that everything will turn out right (positive thinking) is overlooking the hard work that needs to be done to succeed. Are you starting a new business? Writing a book? Hoping to change careers? Positive thinking that it will just magically happen will – guess what – create a sense of complacency that leads to failure.
By fantasizing about our success, we lower our drive to achieve it because on some level, we already have. Even if it’s fantasy, our brains believe the success is there. It lowers the energy necessary to accomplish the dream itself.
Is there a better way to incorporate positive thinking into your life? There sure is, and, when used correctly, it can also help you achieve your goals.
This process allows for positive thinking (which is beneficial for the brain and the body) but it also mixes it with a bit of realism so that you can actually take the steps necessary to achieve your goals.
Are you interested in selling your website? Are you looking for an experienced business broker to sell your website business? WebsiteClosers.com has been in the industry of selling websites for over the past 20 years. They offer free consultations and free website valuations, and look forward to sitting down with you. Contact them at 1-800-251-1559 today!
Success is available to every single one of us. It’s there for the taking; we just have to know how to go about obtaining it. There are many obstacles to success, and one of the worst is procrastination. The most motivated individual in the world might be zapped of that motivation by debilitating chronic procrastination. Luckily, there are ways to overcome procrastination, to ward it off in a sense, just like you might take steps to ward off a cold.
1) What’s the one thing you are dreading doing? Every day we wake up thinking about the one thing we definitely do not want to do that day. It consumes us and most people tend to put it off and put it off – pretending it even exists – and then before you know it the entire day is wasted trying to wish that one task away. Whatever that task is – do it immediately. Get it done right away and it will clear the board for all of the other (less dreadful) things you need to get done that day.
2) Aside from the one most dreaded task, prioritize your list of tasks by how they will affect your life if they go undone. This might include scheduling a dentist’s appointment for a painful tooth, or paying the utility bill so your lights and heat don’t get turned off. These are of dire consequence to your overall health and well being, and should be priorities for the day.
3) Finally, procrastinators have a “way” of thinking that keeps them from moving forward. Our brains rely on our thoughts to produce actions. If we are constantly telling ourselves that we don’t want to do something, that belief becomes stronger and stronger. However, if we simply say to ourselves, “Do it now.” Over and over again – when we don’t want to do something, it’ll change our way of thinking, and before you know it – those tasks that seem hard today will get easier and easier to accomplish, putting you on a path to success!
Business broker, WebsiteClosers.com, have been internet business brokers since 1996. During that time, they have built a solid, well-respected reputation in the “sell my website business” industry. Call them today at 1-800-251-1559 to set up a free consultation and website valuation. They look forward to working with you.
Want to know one of the most powerful forces in your life? Your habits. Whether they are good or bad habits, they are borne of deep-seated beliefs and repetitive behavior and they shape who we are today. It’s been estimated that nearly half of everything we do every day is out of habit. Changing bad habits into good is as hard as it seems, it’s basically rewiring the brain to adjust to a “new” habit.
There are many habits that we can adopt that will shape our lives for the better. Following certain habits can lead to more financial security, and even an increase in overall health and quality of life. Consider incorporating some (or all) of the following habits into your life:
1) Practice gratitude. People take many things for granted. It’s stopping to be grateful for those things that propels us toward a deeper life meaning, and being happier with who we are, our family and friends, and the world around us.
2) Eat healthy at breakfast time. Think about what “breakfast” really means – you’re breaking the fast, so eating healthy at breakfast not only gives you energy, it’s also crucial to your productiveness throughout the day.
3) Practice good time management. Have you ever been lazy and whiled away the day watching television and thought – wow, so much time has passed! It’s okay to veg out every now and again, but for the most part, effective time management means wringing the most out of everyday for both financial and mental health.
4) Save your money, and invest. Most Americans have less than a grand in their bank account. Most emergencies will cost much more than that – start saving today, and every day, even if it’s small because before long you’ll realize you’ve amassed a good nest egg.
5) Volunteer and contribute. It sounds strange if you don’t have the money to do it, but if you volunteer your time and contribute toward your favorite cause, you’ll feel better because you realize that it’s not all about the money, it’s about helping others, which is invaluable.
Business brokers, WebsiteClosers.com, have been working in the websites for sales business since 1996. During that time, they have helped many entrepreneurs learn how to sell an online business, as well as how to buy one. They are a boutique brokerage firm that never takes a dime of commission before their client’s site has sold. Call them today at 1-800-251-1559 to set up your free consultation.
Creative types and entrepreneurs have these moments often – they’re sitting in a meeting, or they’re on their way to work and they think, “If only I could be my own boss. I’d do things so much differently. I’d be so enthusiastic and pumped up in the morning.” And guess what, you can be. Even though many of these thoughts might revolve around the idea of starting your very own business, there are other ways you can start sooner and still be your own boss. After all, starting your own business takes time, effort, energy, money, research – and let’s face it, some of us are much too burned out to wait.
Buy a Franchise.
Yes, the idea of buying a franchise drums up the idea of investing a lot of money. And, most franchises can cost anywhere between tens of thousands to millions of dollars. However, there are some franchises that cost as little as $4,000, you just need to do the research and find out what interests you. Before you dive right into purchasing a franchise, it’s best to do some legwork first. You should read that particular company’s Franchise Disclosure Document, as well as talk with existing franchisees and talk with your own accountant and attorney.
Become a Consultant or a Freelancer.
There are many services that people need, and they don’t generally require a large company to acquire them. Are you interested in doing electrical work, plumbing, or maybe woodworking? You can earn a certificate or license (whatever is required within your state) and start your own business this way. Or (better yet) you may already hold these licenses. There is also a need for freelance writers, accountants, computer engineers, interior designers, etc.
When you follow your passion, it’s even easier to succeed. Be sure to look up all of the laws and regulations within your state and city so that you operate on a fully legal level.
Align with an Existing Brand.
There are many large, well-known brands out there that need representatives working for them. And what’s great about this is that you can generally be your own boss, work from home, and make your own hours. Think insurance agencies, real estate agencies, etc. You get trained on the product or service, and receive back end support and then take it from there. Your main goal will be to sell the product and to keep customers happy. It might take a few months up to a year before you’re able to start on your own, but it could be well worth it to you.
Business broker, WebsiteClosers.com, has been in the business of buying and selling websites for the past 20 years. If you are interested in learning how to sell a company, give them a call at 1-800-251-1559 today for a free consultation.
In the past, people measured success by how well they raised their children, how kind they were to other people, and how hard they worked. These days, it seems more and more, that people are changing their measure of success to be how much money they make and how many “toys” they can buy. Before beginning any project, it’s important to know why you’re doing it, and where your own personal level of success lies. Financial success will come only after you’ve mastered these skills:
Business broker, WebsiteClosers.com, is in the business of buying and selling websites. If you are interested in learning how to sell your online business, or you would like to buy an internet business, you can call them at 1-800-251-1559 for a free consultation.
It turns out, you’re not just what you eat, you are your bad habits and your good habits combined. Unfortunately, bad habits seem to take over a little more easily than the good ones. And, do you know what those bad habits are? They might not be so obvious and they are likely diminishing your productivity. Good productivity means a higher quality of life and making more money. Who doesn’t want that?
Bad Habits You Should be Avoiding
Business broker, WebsiteClosers.com is a full service brokerage firm that has been in the business of buying and selling websites for the past 20 years. If you are looking for website brokers who can provide you with a free consultation and free ecommerce business valuation, give them a call at 1-800-251-1559 to set up yours today!