Ecommerce can be a complicated road. Making a success of your business is something you take personally, and you do everything to maximize customer retention, marketing, profit, etc. However, some entrepreneurs make mistakes that are easily avoided, and if they aren’t avoided, can cause a severe downturn in brand reputation.
1) Bad images. One of the worst things a company can do is provide their customer with images that don’t give them a “real feel” for the product. Make sure to offer multiple angles and the ability to zoom.
2) An unprofessional website. With millions of websites on the internet, ecommerce buyers know what professionalism looks like. Don’t give them the opportunity to run the other way with the absence of a logo or fonts that look like the website’s a scam. Make sure every aspect of the website looks professional and legitimate.
3) A checkout that leaves the customer feeling used or confused. While up-selling and cross-selling are important avenues to driving sales, don’t overwhelm the customer with these options to the point where they feel like they need to leave their shopping cart and never come back.
4) Product descriptions that aren’t complete. Customers want to read about what they are buying, and they certainly don’t want product descriptions that leave them wondering about it. Also include ratings and customer reviews for a comprehensive means to allow the product to sell itself.
5) Mobile incompetency. Nearly everyone owns a Smartphone, but not every ecommerce site is mobile-friendly. With so many people on the go but also ready to make purchases away from home, make sure your site is set up for easy mobile navigation and checkout.
If you are interesting in buying or selling a website, and want to find a trusted website broker, contact WebsiteClosers.com today for information on how to buy or sell an Amazon business or any other ecommerce business on any of the many platforms. WebsiteClosers.com offers a free website valuation and 24 hour consultation, so call them today at 1-800-251-1559 to schedule yours.